The Defence Headquarters has given an assurance that no Nigerian territory will “ever again” be relinquished to the Boko Haram insurgents or any other rebel group.
“I believe that Boko Haram is no longer strong enough to hold any territory in this country because of the level of losses they have suffered as a result of our offensive.
“I make this comment, not only about Gamboru Ngala, but it applies to any other territory in this country and very soon this issue will be clear for all to see.
“But I can assure you that we are doing a lot and never again will Boko Haram or any group at all be allowed to recapture territories taken by our troops. What happened was in the past, I can tell you that it will never
The acting Director of Defence Information, Col. Rabe Abubakar, gave the assurance in Abuja on Wednesday while fielding questions from defence correspondents.
He said the Nigerian Armed Forces had severely decimated the command structure of Boko Haram, stressing that the group no longer had the capacity to hold any territory in Nigeria.
Abubakar said recent exploits and gains of the counter-insurgency operations would soon be open for all to see, adding that the Nigerian military had been reinforced to stand any form of aggression.